This is an early Alpha release of the Dojo Planner. It should have all core functionality but some aspects may be incomplete or missing.
Credit to Buff00n for designing the room assets, sound files used in this project as well as going to great lengths to figure out the room boundaries!
This is an Alpha so I will post a list of known issues here :
- Unable to rotate when moving a room
- Some snapping nodes are annoying, I intend to add the ability to turn off snapping at some stage.
- Some weird error I don't understand makes the selected room rotate wildly. I have no clue on this one but [RightClick] seems to fix it.
- Tenno Lab and Oracle are 1 block too small. Easy fix but means I have to repackage everything again and I am really tired right now.
If you find any not mentioned here I would love to hear your feedback!
Upcoming Features to implement:
- HTML5 Web version (Will likely take a while to load but it would be nice to have that option)
- Mobile version for Android (iOS developer costs are way too expensive for me to afford sorry!)
- Mac and Linux Support
- Advanced Room Collision detection
- Mutiple levels to clearly visualise how the dojo fits together
- This will also include collision detection for rooms above and below the current level.
- Resources used
- Build order to allow people to plan the optimal approach to building/destroying rooms to achieve their desired design.
- A 3D view.
- A list of loadable saved files.
- A text tool
- A colour/shape tool
- Tips section to design better dojos!
- Much more I can't think of, but I stayed up all night to complete this and I just want to get it done now so I can sleep!
- Sorry for the rudimentary Save/Load system. If you type into save 'Primed Dojo', you can load this file at a later time by typing 'Primed Dojo' (Case Sensitive).
- When placing a room, you can hold [RightClick] and press [middle mouse] to cycle between doors! This is also achieved by Alt+RightClick but was too wordy in-app so I left it out. Quite convenient though!
- I intend to make this tool as foolproof as possible so that any design you make in the program (without errors showing up) should be perfectly fine in-game. I wouldn't solely rely on this tool for dojo design just yet and still recommend doing your research before undertaking and major dojo construction.
- If you are worried about viruses, Just scan the program with the best anti-virus software you can find. I've got nothing to hide and have no intention of doing anything malicious. If you are still too paranoid about the .exe then just wait for the eventual HTML5 or Android release. I might post the code on GitHub at some stage so that others can work on this if I ever abandon the project.
- Railjack details are speculative and may be incorrect. I have reached out to DE to see if they will provide these details so fingers crossed!
- It's 9:42AM at the time of writing this. I really need to sleep!
1. Extract contents to a directory of your choosing (If in doubt, My Documents).
2. Click on the .exe to run the application!
(4. If you want, right click on the .exe and make a shortcut to put on your desktop for quick access).